[aucompsci-announce] University ID Cards

  • From: Iain Learmonth <adapa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aucompsci-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 21:19:24 +0000

Hello Everyone,

You may have noticed various features of your University ID card, such
as the barcode, magnetic stripe, and RFID tag. I've spent today
compiling all the information I've discovered about the ID card into a
wiki page: http://bit.ly/92fPxo

Check it out if you're interested. This Wednesday I'll have my
magnetic stripe reader, Jeff's RFID tag reader, and my Android phone
that can read the barcodes with me. Bring your student cards and we
can fill in the gaps. I'd be especially interested to see
post-graduate student cards and staff cards to see the differences
between them. I think I've identified where there may be a difference
but I'm not sure without testing it.

See you Wednesday,
Iain.

---

Iain Learmonth
IT Administrator
Computing Science Society
Aberdeen University Students Association
Butchart Center
University Road
Aberdeen
AB24 3UT