[atari7800] Re: [personal] why are IRQs disabled?

  • From: "Dan Boris" <dboris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:33:08 -0500

The only place where the hardware IRQ is connected in the 7800 is to a
pin on the cartridge connector which no existing cartridge uses. The IRQ
signal has a pullup resistor on it so it shouldn't ever activate, but
it's probably a good idea to keep the interrupt disabled anyway. As far
as I know the BRK instruction is not effected by the SEI which only
inhibits hardware interrupts.

Dan

om/default.asp?SRC=lycos10