[astcq-discuss] comments on website

  • From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: astcq-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:02:00 +1000

Here are my comment on the website. I'll send some GIFs directly to Geoff.
-- Jean

The new website design now does wrap the main text area so that it prints
properly, but the banner heading does not wrap when printing. This isn't a
show-stopper, but it doesn't look nice. Also, the text wrapping doesn't
work properly on-screen if I make the window small or change the resolution.

I haven't looked at your CSS yet, but you've defined the H1 so it comes out
HUGE when I have my fonts set to my preferred size (Medium on IE 6), and
it's (IMO) unnecessarily large at any font size.

I still think a footer, with contact information and/or "last updated on"
information) on each page would be good.

On the Meetings page, at the end of the first paragraph, where it says "It
was proposed that regular monthly meetings would begin from January 2003",
add something like "We have held two meetings this year; minutes are below."

On the Links page:
* Please put my website (Technical Editors' Eyrie) under International, not
Australia. Even though I am in Australia, the site is international, in
contrast to the others you have listed there.

* I would recommend you add the Techwhirl site under International (as well
as having the techwr-l list given under mailing lists), as the Techwhirl
website is a lot more than just the list.

* Maybe you could make the austechwriter-request address into a hotlink
like you did for our group?

* The heading Member's Websites should really be Members' Websites even
though, at the moment, only one is listed there.

* This page needs some space added after the last paragraph, which in my
browser is crunched down almost into the status bar of the browser.

On the Freelancers page, this sentence "Contact details are listed below,
under the relevant areas of work." should be amended, now that the relevant
areas are listed below the contact details. Please add this listing:

Jean Hollis Weber, http://www.jeanweber.com/jhweber.htm
Technical editing and writing (user guides, online help, websites),
documentation planning, website planning and testing

To search the astcq-discuss archives, visit
//www.freelists.org/archives/astcq-discuss/

To change your settings using the web interface, login at
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/

astcq-discuss-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx