[astcq-discuss] Re: Technical writing course

  • From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: astcq-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 14:35:55 +1000

Janet Applegate wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good technical writing course (in Qld) for someone new to the area?

Queensland is a big state. I assume you mean in the Brisbane area? Not that it really matters, because I don't know of any techwriting courses in Qld, good or otherwise. Not that I've been keeping up, mind you.

There used to be something at QUT, but I think it was only one subject and it may not be offered any more.

University of Central Queensland used to offer courses in science communication; not sure if they still do. They're based in Rockhampton but have campuses in other parts of the state as well as some online courses.

James Cook Univeristy in Townsville may have some postgraduate courses.

Wish I could be of more help.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
Technical Editor's Eyrie
http://www.jeanweber.com/

To search the astcq-discuss archives, visit
//www.freelists.org/archives/astcq-discuss/

To change your settings using the web interface, login at
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/

astcq-discuss-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx