[askdba] Re: [dba_gurus] count from v$session

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ananth Antony <ananth_a_75@xxxxxxxxx>, dba_gurus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:08:46 -0800 (PST)

Ananth,

Why not to diplay the username,  status and check which sessions are these and
which mode.

Nisar Tareen
Ananth Antony <ananth_a_75@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Friends,
   I got the output like this. Here dbserver is my server name.
no application running in that ...except the database.  but since it is showing
the sessions like below..
and too it present 2 times.
whether this will affect the performace?

Thanks
Ananth

SQL> select machine,count(*) from v$session group by machine;
MACHINE                                                            COUNT(*)