**Apologies for any cross-posting**
Dear ASIALEX members and mailing list subscribers,
On behalf of the ASIALEX Board (http://asialex.org/#board), I wish you a happy,
healthy and prosperous 2017!
We take this opportunity to bring you up-to-date with the following:
(1) The Board has accepted the proposal to host ASIALEX2018 at Krabi,
Thailand. We thank Dean Jirapa Vitayapirak and King Mongkut's Institute of
Technology, Ladkrabang, for their gracious offer.
(2) There is the option of Istanbul for ASIALEX2019, but other proposals are
still welcome. In order for the Board and the General Meeting at ASIALEX2017 to
make a decision, the initial proposal deadline is April 30, 2017, followed by
detailed plans by May 31, 2017. Please send your proposal to Vincent Ooi,
Asialex Secretary, at vinceooi@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:vinceooi@xxxxxxxxxx> (cc
(3) As this is an election year, notice is given that the General Meeting
will take place at ASIALEX2017, June 10-12, 2017, GDUFS.
(4) We would also like to remind you that abstract submissions for
ASIALEX2017 (Guangzhou, June 10-12) are due on March 1. More information is
available at http://www.l2china.com/asialex2017/
(5) Early-bird ASIALEX2017 registrants who also apply for/renew their
membership are also entitled to nominate (and be nominated as) office bearers
for the new Executive Board (2017-2019).
(6) Apart from registering for ASIALEX2017 in order to join as a
member/renew your membership, you can also refer to http://asialex.org/#about
and http://asialex.org/#journal Members enjoy the privilege of receiving
copies of Lexicography: Journal of ASIALEX (published by Springer) for the
(7) We invite submissions to Lexicography: Journal of ASIALEX . Please
(8) Finally, the Board is pleased to inform you that past proceedings of the
ASIALEX conferences (as many as we could source for!) are now available at
http://asialex.org/#conferences In addition, the online version of
Perspectives in Lexicography: Asia and beyond (containing selected and new
papers from ASIALEX2005) is also available, courtesy of K Dictionaries (the
With best wishes,
ASIALEX Secretary, 2015-2017
Important: This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately; you should not
copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person.