[ascct] The Hamner's ICSS acquired by SciMetrika to form ScitoVation

  • From: Kristie Sullivan <KSullivan@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ascct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ascct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 19:07:56 -0500

News
SciMetrika, LLC Acquires Institute for Chemical Safety Sciences
Population Health Consulting Company Acquires Division Of The Hamner Institutes
For Health Sciences To Advance Research Efforts
DURHAM, N.C., Jan. 4, 2016 – SciMetrika<http://www.scimetrika.com/>, a
Durham-based population health consulting company, has acquired the assets of
the Institute for Chemical Safety Sciences (ICSS), a division of The Hamner
Institutes for Health Sciences in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina,
through its wholly owned subsidiary, ScitoVation<http://www.scitovation.com/>.
The acquisition presents new opportunities for the SciMetrika group to expand
into cell-based science and serve a broader range of customers in the
commercial sector.
In addition to the assets acquired from ICSS, former members of ICSS leadership
have joined ScitoVation. Their decision comes on the heels of The Hamner
Institutes’ announcement that it would cease most operations as of December 31,
2015. After engaging in a search for potential partner companies, the former
ICSS team believed that aligning with SciMetrika presented the best opportunity
due to SciMetrika’s outstanding reputation and thought leadership within the
population health community and life sciences industry as a whole.
SciMetrika will benefit from the ability to conduct research and development
work from the former ICSS laboratory space, and the opportunity to move into
private sector population health ventures. Under the new structure, former ICSS
staff will expand their current footprint on chemical safety sciences through
the development of research tools, processes and technologies using human
cell-based and computational methods. In addition, with the acquisition of ICSS
assets, SciMetrika and ScitoVation inherit a brain trust in chemical safety
science.
ScitoVation will operate with the previous ICSS scientific leadership and
staff, who became ScitoVation employees effective Jan. 1. As part of
SciMetrika’s commitment to a seamless transition, employees will continue to
work in their current space at The Hamner Institutes, with procedures and
processes intact. The expanded skill sets will enable both companies to
leverage synergies and serve a broader range of customers including the
chemical, agribusiness, consumer product, and pharmaceutical industries. For
government clients, the expanded skill sets give SciMetrika the ability to
provide expertise in the use of innovative tools for safety and risk assessment.
ScitoVation and its acquisition of the ICSS assets will advance life sciences
research and overall population health through the development of strategies
that make use of cell-based assays rather than animal experimentation.
Ultimately, this will improve knowledge of modes of action and enhance human
relevance so that stakeholders can most effectively address public health
concerns related to chemical exposures.
For more information, please read our Frequently Asked
Questions.<http://www.scitovation.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/faq.pdf> For
more information on SciMetrika, visit
http://scimetrika.com<http://scimetrika.com/>. For more information about
ScitoVation, visit http://scitovation.com<http://scitovation.com/>.
QUOTES
“Through ScitoVation, SciMetrika continues its mission to improve human health
by becoming a leader in the conduct of studies using human cells and
computational models” said Dr. Jean Orelien, founder and CEO of SciMetrika.
“Both SciMetrika and former ICSS staff who are now part of ScitoVation share
the same passion for improving human health through their work.”
“Our alignment with SciMetrika will allow us to expand our research
capabilities and explore new avenues for our chemical safety work,” said
Rebecca Clewell, Ph.D., former ICSS director and Chief Scientific Officer for
ScitoVation. “The staffs of both the new ScitoVation and SciMetrika are working
hard to ensure that our operations seamlessly transition and that we are able
to increase our collaboration to strengthen the services we offer clients, as
well as our thought leadership in life sciences.”
NEW MEDIA CONTENT
SciMetrika Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/scimetrika
SciMetrika Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/SciMetrika
SciMetrika LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/scimetrika-llc
ScitoVation Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/scitovation
ScitoVation Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/ScitoVation
ScitoVation LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/scitovation
ABOUT SCIMETRIKA
SciMetrika, LLC, is a population health consulting company providing
scientific, technical, and logistical solutions for federal, state, and local
agencies; commercial companies; academic institutions; and private research
organizations. It offers statistics and epidemiology, health behavior and
health education, program development and program evaluation, technical
assistance and training, environmental consulting, management consulting, and
information technology services. The company was founded in 2001 and is based
in Durham, North Carolina, with additional offices in Atlanta, Georgia and
Silver Spring, Maryland.
ABOUT SCITOVATION
ScitoVation is a wholly owned, independently operating subsidiary of
SciMetrika, LLC, a leading company in the field of population health. The
mission of ScitoVation, formed in connection with SciMetrika’s acquisition of
Institute for Chemical Safety Sciences (ICSS) assets, is to improve chemical
safety and science through development of testing strategies, cell-based
assays, computational models, and quantitative analytical tools to support
public health and enhance product stewardship. ScitoVation is based in Research
Triangle Park, North Carolina, one of the United States’ premier research and
development hubs.