Re: [artworks] modules for Artworks1

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 19:09:30 +0100

Jim Nagel wrote:

> Until relatively recently, the MW website had various additional modules,
> such as !JPEGObj, that could be downloaded for Artworks 1.

Not really. JPEGObj is commercial and has never been available for download
from anywhere, and I have not changed that area of the website for many
years. The ArtWorks 1 modules pages went offline in 2004.

> Of course these are all included in Artworks2 and the downloads for the
> old Artworks 1 from CC have naturally been taken offline.
>
> However, I'd like to update an old copy of Artworks 1 on a little-used
> machine.  Is there a list anywhere of the modules that were available till
> a few years ago?  Were some free and some paid-for?

The vast majority were paid for. Translate and Splatter (from a CC employee)
were Freeware (plus Madness, which you cannot really count). Polygon was
Shareware, and there was a Shareware version of my Resizer module. Pretty
much all the others were commercial (there were about 20 in total).

If anyone still has a copy of ArtWorks 1, then the most important thing to
do is to install the ArtWorks kernel patch 0.23, AWFixMod 1.03 and ABIMod
2.88. These are freely available bug fixes for ArtWorks 1, which are still
available from http://www.mw-software.com/software/awmodules/awbugs.html

> I presume that I could legitimately copy the free ones from my copy of
> Artworks2 (from its Auto directory) into the old Artworks1?

No sorry, that does not work. The module formats are not compatible.