Re: [artworks] Rendering PDF shadows in Art Works

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 12:53:30 +0200

In message <c4c4fca54f.tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The latest oddity is that Bold emphasis is lost somehow in the
> transfer.  Changing the text to Bold (so it must be characters, not
> shapes) slightly wrecks the spacing so is not a Good Thing.  But I can
> live with the lack of Bold.

PDF has no concept of a Bold emphasis (nor do RISC OS or ArtWorks for
that matter). All there is are different fonts.

As mentioned before, font mapping is close to non-existent at the
moment and since we do not import embedded fonts anyway, you are
generally not likely to see text in the style it was inteded to be,
even in the full 2.8 release.