Re: [artworks] PDF export changing font to shapes

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 13:34:56 +0200

In message <c63e7fa54f.jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> When I export an AW file to PDF, any text in the font "Saren Black" is
> exported as shapes even though "Export text as shapes" is not ticked.

> Is this supposed to happen?

No, and I doubt it does happen.

I suspect you are mistaken. I doubt you checked the PDF file itself,
did you? The text is exported as text using a Type3 font. Other
programs may well choose to import that as shapes. In fact, ArtWorks
itself does so if you have the option "Import text in Type3 fonts as
shapes" enabled in PDF import choices.