Re: [artworks] Kerning in text areas

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 01:21:19 +0100

In message <6485036152.Geoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Geoff Potter <geoffrey.potter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear Knowledge base,

> Had a look through documentation, but there appears to be no kerning
> option for text in text areas. Is this likely to happen? I can use it
> in single line input (Ctrl R, Ctrl E).

Yes, that is correct. That was planned for the initial TextArea
release and the feature is there in the file format and formatting
engine, but I never got round to adding the user interface. I fully
agree that it would be useful, but it is not a feature the average
user is likely to use too often. So, maybe one day, but I would not
hold my breath...