Re: [artworks] Coordinates and ruler origin

  • From: Brian Bailey <bbailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:36:11 +0000 (GMT)

In article <ab7a49684f.Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it possible to make the various places where coordinates appear --
> eg PathUtils tool, Line/Shape info box, rectangle tool etc -- take
> into account the origin setting for the ruler? This would be very
> convenient for precise editing.

My original request to Martin for the present ruler feature was to snap
the rulers to an object with coordinates already determined precisely. Not
exactly what you are after, but can you not locate objects precisely,
snapping them to the grid, first and then snap the rulers to the object,
rather than the other way round. This is still precise editing, surely.

Doing editing that way allows you to locate other objects in relation to
the first object, sequentially.

Cheers, Brian