Re: [artworks] ArtWorks and RPCEmu

  • From: "Steffen Huber" <steffen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 15:28:27 +0200 (MEST)

> I no longer have the RiscPC involved. IIRC I transferred everything via
> CDROM and all other files I've ever used seem to have kept their names,
> etc. Maybe this is an oddity specific to "!" being the second character.
> Weird.

Not so weird if you used C(DV)DBurn with suboptimal settings, i.e.
ISO Level 1 or 2 as filename translation or (I think) an older Variant of
"Acorn CDFS".

The CDFS extensions for ISO9660 are only capable of preserving the
"!" filename character if it is the first character in a file or directory name.

Solutions are e.g. using Joliet extensions and Select DFS or CDROMFS for
extraction or using the "raw" filename translation.

Steffen