Re: [artworks] 2.93 bugule

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 14:35:55 +0200

In message <dab1de7550.zen44412@xxxxxxxxx>
          Simon Smith <simon_smith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The mere act of using the page up and page down keys to step through a
> multi-page document counts as a change. Non-changes registering as changes
> always make me paranoid, although not as much as the reverse.

Yes, I know, this annoys me, too. This is not nice but unavoidable.
The point is that I wanted Undo/Redo to record the page changes, too.
Supposing you change something on page 1, go to page 2, change
something there and then you undo. If the page change was not redone
as well, then you would not see anything happen when undoing again
because you would still see page 2 and the change would happen on page
1. Therefore, the page change itself is recorded as an undoable
change, which is considered as a document change.

Hmm. Having explained all that I think I could solve this by resetting
the "modified" status of the document after a page change if the
document was unmodified before. I will have a look.

> I haven't seen this reported, but the list seems to have been quiet since
> mid-May...

Yes, true. At least no bug reports. ;-)