[artworks] Selections and bitmap export

  • From: John Rickman Iyonix <rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 22:17:23 +0100

There is little consistency among RISC OS applications when it comes
to "Saving" and some object is selected.

Some applications recognize the  selection state and change the
default save behaviour to offer a selection save rather than the whole
file.

Other applications ignore the selection on saving. Among these is
ArtWorks.

I frequently want to export some part of a large ArtWorks document as
a PNG file or JPG and often discover that I have created an A4 sized
image with my tiny graphic in the corner.

Usually the ArtWorks document is already by the time I discover the
mistake, and have to start back at the beginning; this time
remembering to tick the Selection box of the Export bitmap dialogue

It would be nice if ArtWorks ticked the selected box for me if
appropriate. Or, if this is not Style Guide compliant behaviour then
at least to have ArtWorks remember my preferences

Rarely do I want to export a whole page as a bitmap.

--
John - http://mug.riscos.org/