[artworks] SVG export in Art Works

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 12:53:46 +0100

I have been finding that the Firefox browser on a Mac does not handle
PDF files used as graphics, so I am having to abandon using PDF to put
vector shapes on the web.

However SVG does work on Mac Safari and Firefox. But Firefox won't
handle SVG files with replicated images properly. So the answer is to
set the flag "Export replications statically' in ArtWorks.

I have a few score SVG files to generate from the source ArtWorks
drawings, and I have a difficulty with manual batch operations: I don't
always set all the settings correctly for each iteration.

The answer to this is to amend the defaults for the SVG export window.
Is there any way of doing this?

PS: I know I have yet to test compatibility on Windows machines, but
that is the next step after doing Mac machines. It will require a
collaborator as I have no Windows machines left, not even on an
emulator.

PPS: AW 2.X2.00, RISC OS 6.20, VRPC 1.7.0

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe tim@xxxxxxxxx
for a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/