[artworks] Artefacts on Artistic Lines

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ArtWorks Mail list <artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 15:45:44 +0100

Thank you Martin for implementing Artistic lines - excellent work.

I realise that rendering tight curves gives rise to artefacts (see the
heading "Avoiding problems with troublesome centre lines" in the
manual) but one particular Profile, the Wave ribbon is particularly
annoying. There is a subtle tiny line artefact that appears at the
junction of the "broken" paths. You are only aware of it when an
outline is applied.

As I'm likely to use "Wave ribbon" quite a lot is there anyway of
overcoming this problem? OK you can overlay a filled
circle/rectangular section over the line but this incurs extra work
and is messy.

Details of the problem can be seen here.....

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~riscos/problems/Artefact.zip

Regards

Richard