[artworks] Addition to Line/Shape Info Box

  • From: John McCartney <j.mccartney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 13:07:11 +0100

I'm rather late with this request Martin, you asked me to
remind you about it at Wakefield. I thought I had done so
but it appears I have overlooked it until now.

What I would like to see is an option to compute a path
length as well as the enclosed area. My specific reason for
it is to calculate the length of a walk by drawing the
route over a scanned image of a map. So long as the map's
grid lines are matched to ArtWork's grid, I should be able
to get a direct read out of distance in kilometres.

I'm sure other people can think of uses for such a facility.

John

--
John McCartney
j.mccartney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx