[AR] Re: Thoughts on low pressure fuels...

  • From: rclague@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 22:53:45 +0000

If you can live with variable concentration, you're better off leaving the
butane in. It's easier to light.

-R

From: Paul Breed <paul@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: arocket-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 09:40:09
To: <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AR] Re: Thoughts on low pressure fuels...

Any easy way to get pure propane?

Drive to North Dakota in the middle of the the winter and buy it there?

Distil the commercial stuff?

If one just cools the propane and vents will the butane vent off?

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 5:52 AM, John Dom <johndom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Steve H recommended ether....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diethyl_ether

Caution:
When in a transparent container like a glass bottle, typically old
diethylether, will form explosive solid colorless peroxide deposits on the
bottom and warn you. Air oxidation.
GLP: with deposits found present, never touch such bottle, evacuate the
lab/room and call the fire dept.. When at home: the same.
I reckon handling a metal tank filled with old diethyl ether in which one
cannot observe those deposits may cause serious injuries.
Check:
http://www.rhr-inc.com/peroxides.htm

jd