[AR] Starship flight termination video

  • From: George Herbert <george.herbert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arocket List <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 11:27:23 -0700

Just for fun, I spent most of the day with our #Starship Flight Test 8K footage, tracking and stabilizing frame by frame (Auto tracking just couldn't handle it) from the Flight Termination Charge to explosion just to see if we could learn anything else. Shot by @considercosmos
Everyday Astronauttwitter.com

Everyday Astronaut generated 90 fps film of the Starship/Superheavy flight termination system actuation and delayed breakup of the vehicles.  At that speed the firing and beginning of depressurization until eventual breakups is much clearer.  Interesting how long it took and how much structural margins were there.

-george

Sent from my iPhone

PNG image