[AR] Re: SV: Re: SV: Re: SV: Re: Cold flow tests - how to translate Cd?

  • From: Uwe Klein <uwe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 19:56:18 +0100

Am 22.01.2015 um 19:17 schrieb Uwe Klein:
Am 22.01.2015 um 17:53 schrieb Lloyd Droppers:
Bill,
   Do you have a good reference for the design of a pintle injector? I
understand the layout of the design but I have never seen a reference
recommending momentum ratios, injector hole spacing, etc. I would like
to give a small pintle a try but I would rather not have to guess and
check if I could start out in a good design space.

interesting write up:
     www.usbid.com/datasheets/usbid/2001/2001-q1/pintleenginepaperaiaafinal.pdf

wondering if one can fold the propellant valves into this arrangement?

not for LOX and Kerosene. proximity should freeze up the kerosene.

Harumpf:
page 15 ;-)

uwe