[AR] Re: Igniter Popping Sound

  • From: Robert Watzlavick <rocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 20:14:46 -0600

Graham,
Thanks for checking on that. I always just assumed the plugs could take "plenty" but never thought to quantify it. It would be fairly easy to hydro-test but that wouldn't simulate the effect from the hot gases.

-Bob

On 11/10/2014 12:00 PM, Graham Sortino (Redacted sender gnsortino@xxxxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:
Hi Bob -

I was curious about this so I asked NGK about and they said the maximum rated pressure for the CM-6 plugs is 250psi. I don't recall the exact pressure I was testing these too but it was most likely above 250 psi, which would explain the leaking. I usually run my igniter at about 100psia and my main engine at 150psia so I will try to be more careful about this going forward.

Thanks again for the advice.

Best,
Graham