[AR] Re: Flight Controller Features

  • From: qbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 16:51:04 -0700

What's the really cool thing is that these foam planes survive, some with speeds nearing Mach. Some have claim to have busted mach but I have see no imperial data on that, very close, but no solid data.

The Pixhawk controller can do anything an RDAS or Perfect Flite and Telus Metrum can do. It has amazed me at the resistance of the "rocketry people" to borrow stuff from the "RC people" and the "micro computer people".

Robert

At 04:35 PM 1/11/2016, you wrote:

Some of my flights have lasted almost 4 hours (plane drop from 100kft) so these have no trouble storing data in logs and you can review the logs in a very convenient way. But! you can also watch all the sensor data in real time via telemetry and record it on your ground station as well. No more excuses for not having data and none for not finding your rocket either. > -------- Original Message -------- > Subject: [AR] Re: Flight Controller Features > From: Thomas McNeill <thomas.mcneill@xxxxxxxxx> > Date: Mon, January 11, 2016 3:53 pm > To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > > > It would be nice to have high speed flash on it that allows for storage of > large amounts of data. I have read there SD cards do not work so well > because of vibration and the interface they use. I always uses a single > loop with a set of state variables and it would be nice to have those > recorded to playback at a later time. > > > > > > On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 3:55 PM, Mark C Spiegl <mark.spiegl@xxxxxxxxx> > wrote: > > > I haven't had time to read all the messages in this thread so I apologize > > if this has been mentioned. > > > > To me the biggest feature missing from COTS HPR flight computers is the > > ability to interface with a variety of user supplied sensors, storing a > > large quantity of data locally, then transmitting a meaningful subset of > > the data wirelessly. > > > > Only RDAS provides some of this ability. But RDAS has lived beyond its > > useful lifetime. > > > > --MCS > > > > > > > > > >