[AR] Re: Double seal arrangement

  • From: Ben Brockert <wikkit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 19:05:06 -0700

Neat project. Are you using the same kind of U-seals as in the tank?
If so, it seems like you could just use two or three of them without
the vents or the pressurization. Normally you don't want to have
multiple seals without a vent in between, because you can build up
pressure in there and fail the seal, but those U-shaped seals are more
like check valves than o-rings.

If you plugged the vent hole do you think it would still leak out the stem?