[AR] Re: Blue Origin beats SpaceX to re-launching a reusable rocket

  • From: Henry Spencer <hspencer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arocket List <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 20:40:11 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016, Edward Wright wrote:

If the boss of an aerospace company wants to build a better rocket, and is rich enough to self-fund, there's a reasonable risk that they'll make something promising...but ultimately only footnote-worthy.

Like the self-funded boss of a Seattle lumber company, who wanted to build a better airplane for himself?
As a footnote, Bill Boeing's airplane company is still in business.

"We must not dismiss any new idea with the snap judgement that it cannot be done. Any idea that may be an improvement must be investigated. We have proven that science and hard work can beat what appear to be impossible demands." -- William Boeing