[AR] Re: Astraseals vs. welding

  • From: Paul Mueller <paul.mueller.iii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 13:29:11 -0700

Commercial LOX systems use a lot of pipe threads (with proper sealant).
Since frequent disconnection/reconnection or swivel capability don't seem
to be an issue if you're thinking about welding it, then I would go with
pipe thread. Teflon tape, Loctite Thread Sealant for Oxygen Compatible
Systems (
http://www.henkelna.com/us/content_data/184197_LT5549_OxygenSystemsSS.pdf)
, could work depending on pressures, etc.

Paul M