[AR] Re: Ardusat?

  • From: "Monroe L. King Jr." <monroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 18:37:36 -0700

Ardusat nice topic these guy's wanted me to help them with balloon
testing. They changed their kickstarter without telling me that I was
supposed to be funding their test. Then they would not communicate with
me or Stewart about frequencies or anything else. So we gave up and
figured they where not even coming.

2 weeks before they came we got contacted. I jumped threw my rear to get
antennas made and get the live video going and a robotic arm to move the
camera around and everything going at the last minute.

Because of the no communication of course the mission got scrubbed among
other things the helium shortage was at it's peak and things went south
there too.

Anyway I tried to talk to them about how they where really going to get
the data they promised and I didn't see it as possible.

Ardusat-X may be different but the original Ardusat was doomed to fail
IMO.

The Ardusat beacon was heard I know that much but as for any data or
telemetry I doubt they will get any.

Monroe