[AR] Re: Almost a rocket and I want one..

  • From: "Monroe L. King Jr." <monroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 09:03:01 -0700

Yeah they suck fuel and have a very limited altitude range. Otherwise
they would make a very good first stage without any wings at all. They
develop about 150lbs thrust

From: qbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, November 04, 2015 10:23 pm
To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I never considered that as I've always been convinced that mixing the
two systems is just way more difficult. Dropping the turbines with a
chute attached makes part of the system reusable with out having to
make the rocket part come home.

Robert

At 09:58 PM 11/4/2015, you wrote:

I assume because you want to drop the turbines and wings when you're
done with them and then you may as well make them into a re-usable
'aircraft' type device...
On 5/11/2015 5:55 pm,
<<mailto:qbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>qbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
mmmm Gives me an idea Paul. You mentioned awhile back taking your
peroxide rocket to 25k using a light airplane to do an air launch.
why not just strap a pair of turbines on with a set of wings, "cruise
missile style" and presto a poor mans air launch.

Robert

At 08:45 PM 11/4/2015, you wrote:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCYSWyHDpfU>https://www.youtube.com
/watch?v=gCYSWyHDpfU