[ARMini-support] boot problem

  • From: Mark Beerling <beerling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 13:26:43 +0100

Hallo

I thought I'd report a problem that I had last week with the
'Use RAM-based !Scrap' option under Configuration->Misc.

As an experiment I set the option 'Use RAM-based !Scrap' and rebooted
my BIK. The option worked as expected with a scape file on the
RAMDisk. However I wasn't happy with RAM-based !Scrap since !NetSurf
does a scan of fonts when it starts up. This annoyed me and so I
decided to go back to the disc based !Scrap and deselected the option.

At the next boot (the following day) the boot failed with a long error
message about a file not found. A lot of effort was required to track
the error down to file '!Boot.Utils.BootRun' and the line

IfThere <Boot$Dir>.^.!Territory Then /<Boot$Dir>.^.!Territory

Commenting out this line the boot completed as normal.
I must add that I use a german keyboard which was still supported
event though !Territory wasn't called.

Further inspection showed that the file '!Territory.Utils.OSverN' had
been updated (how & why I don't know). Application !Territory works
after booting, only during the boot phase does it give an error.

As well as a german keyboard I also use !BB_CMOS in the Boot.Tasks
directory, to emulate the CMOS settings, which might be causing a
problem.

My BIK is now running normally with the above modified BootRun file,
but I would like to understand more about what is going on as well as
help anyone who might stumble upon the same problem.

Regards

--
Mark Beerling
List-related queries to support@xxxxxxxxxxxx