Re: [ARMini-support] sharing drive

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 20:21:24 +0000 (GMT)

In article <1d12ae9d54.iyojohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   John Rickman Iyonix <rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would like to share the main drive on the ARMiniX with my Iyonix
> but the share option is greyed out.

> How do I do it?

You need to either issue a command in a task window or run an obey
file (eg in boot) containing the share command.

For example

*share Boot:^ Panda1

The format of the command is *share <dir path to share> <share name>

Try *help share

*h. share
==> Help on keyword Share
*Share allows a local directory to be seen as a shared disc.
Syntax: *Share <pathname> [<discname>] [-protected] [-readonly]
[-cdrom]
[-subdir] [-noicon] [-auth <key>]

On all my recent hardware (BB, PB, RPi) I have an obey file in the
PreDesk directory containing the apprpriate command. For second or
third drives I usually have a setup obey file that includes the share
command.

The reason the option is greyed out is that cards and usb drives are
treated as removable, ie like floppies, so the os doesn't allow them
to be shared automatically from the iconbar icon.

--
        Chris Johnson