Re: [ARMini-support] Where are "OS3 for BB.zip" and !SaveCMOS?

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 13:24:31 GMT

In message <80b7c86952.dougjwebb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Doug Webb <doug.j.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <2b74c36952.D_Lane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           David R Lane <D_Lane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [snip]

>> However, as I said above I have a non-xM
>> BeagleBoard which has an ordinary size card, not a micro SD card.
>> Also I know that !WriteCMOS is still successfully writing to the card,
>> but the problem is that the settings are being ignored when I next
>> boot up. This problem has been talked about by David Pitt and others
>> and, although it has solved his problem, he has an ARMini. So will the
>> uSDcardOS3/zip work for me?

>> I could experiment, but I think that clearer advice for those with
>> original Beagleboards and don't have, or necessarily want, widgets
>> could have been given.

>> Dave Lane

> Ah, well I can see your unease.

> Could you just not take the SDCard out and save the contents before
> you write to it and then try the update or is the Beagleboard the only
> RISC OS system you have with a USB connection in which case it adds
> more complexity.

This is very sensible advice.

AFAIK, it is only the U-boot.bin file you need to replace.

Unfortunately, I don't have an original non-xM edition to test with,
so cannot say for definate, but I don't see why they would break
compatibility with older boards with the newer U-boot.bin

We also have the hardware CMOS widgets available now as well, and like
ARMini customers, BBSS members are entitled to the low price.  Again,
the problem is whether non-xM boards had the appropriate pins on their
JTAG connector, so I'd recommend checking your hardware reference PDF.

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS