Re: [ARMini-support] Problem With DiscKnight on ARMiniX

  • From: Robert Hunter <robert.hunter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 22:04:36 +0100

Hi

On 06/08/2015 20:00, Chris Johnson wrote:

In article <55C3A7E1.9030201@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Robert Hunter <robert.hunter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi
On 06/08/2015 18:50, Chris Johnson wrote:
In article <55C399FD.4050101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Robert Hunter <robert.hunter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Arguments: -v -m -l -t -s -f -u LanMan98::Backup2.$.UndoData ADFS 5
Unable to determine SWI call for filing system ADFS
Well - the PB does not have ADFS. It uses SCSI (or SDFS).
I don't know what a PB is but I did change the setting to SCSI but
there are no drives available under that option and the software
complains and does not run if it is not given a drive.
A PandaBoard ES (OMAP4) is what is inside the ARMiniX case.

I assume you only have the SD card in the ARMiniX, without any
additional drives. If so SDFS is the only filing system to be
considered. I would be wary about using DiscKnight on it - only as a
last resort.

Your original post is very vague - what are the symptoms that make
you suspect something is wrong?

I was searching for a file and during the course of that operation, the search facility
suggested that certain files were inaccessible. These were files that should have been
readily accessed. Thus, i wondered if the hard disc was corrupted. On the Iyonix I
used to run DiscKnight to clean up the hard disc occasionally. It did a wonderful job of
tidying up hard discs. However, there appears to be a problem in using it with this machine.
The problem may well be the operator. Anyway, the computer will not run now. The hard
disc has been renamed "Discs" whereas it should be "ARMiniX". I do not know how to rename it.
--

Robert

---
To alter your preferences or leave the group, visit //www.freelists.org/list/armini-support