Re: [ARMini-support] Monitor EDID testing on ARMX6

  • From: Adrian Crafer <acrafer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 00:30:27 GMT

In message <e5985a2e55.rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As part of the HDMI audio work, it would be helpful to gather data on
successful (or unsuccessful) EDID reading (reading capabilities of the
attached monitor).

If you have an ARMX6 or i.MX6 board, and don't mind spending a moment
helping, could you do the following:

1) F12 or Ctrl-F12 (taskwindow) to get a command prompt

2) *ReadEDID

All being well, you should get a * prompt again. If you get a
"EDID communication error" or similar, please let me know.

3) Press return twice to return to the desktop

I got the EDID communications error on an ARMX6

I do have a HDMI KVM switch in the HDMI lead to select a windows PC.
The WinPC seems to have detected the monitors capabilities so the
monitor seems to send the information.

Adrian Crafer

Adrian Crafer

--