Re: [ARMini-support] DPlngScan

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:43:24 +0100

In message <51f8c7467bchris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hopefully there will be an updated stable release of RISC OS for the
> ARMini in the not-too-distant future.

Thanks for the "heads-up", Chris :)

In the meantime, I'd like to stress a few points about David Pilling
software, as it is easy to get carried away and become confused with
all the postings flying around.

Here's how things stand for ARMini users:

     1) Both DPlngScan and Ovation Pro work on the ARMini with
     shipping OS versions.

     2) DPlngScan works best if the !Run file is modified to
     change DPlngScan$Memory to -1 (rather than -2).  I *think*
     it is that way round - I don't have my machine on to check.
     Even if you don't make this change, you won't lose data to
     any problems.

     3) The SpriteExtend bug which affects both OvPro and
     DPlngScan does not apply to ARMini users, as it only exists
     in OS builds that *we have NOT shipped*.  Since this has
     already been fixed, it will NOT occur on any un-modified
     ARMini.

As such, ARMini users can rest assured that their favourite apps will
be fine, and will continue to be monitored/supported :)

Sorry to stick my oar in, but I'm just trying to ensure this list
remains an *ARMini* list (for customer reference), and not a general
beagle/omap one.

As I said in another thread, we're aiming for an OS update in
Aug/Sept, which will add new functionality and speed improvements.

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS