Re: [ARMini-support] Armbook Desktop

  • From: Derek Todd <dtodd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 12:03:53 +0000

On 01/11/2020 09:41, Steve Fryatt wrote:

On 31 Oct, Kevin Wells wrote in message
     <e6bc4ac858.Kevin@Kevsoft>:

The other way is to create an obey file with the command

*filer_opendir Full directory name
You can get the *Filer_OpenDir commands that you need by opening the
directories that you want in the positions that you want, then using
GetFiler to save their state in an Obey file.

   http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/risc-os/utils#getfiler

Thank you to those who responded to my query.

Steve Fryatt's !GetFiler enabled me to create and place the Obey file FilerPos in Task, where I could edit the position of my desired directory viewer(s) as required. Steve mentions the "demise of the 'Save Desktop' option" in the ReadMe file.

I found that if I placed my desired directory viewer to the top left of the Desktop then it was covered by the root directory viewer on start up. However Kevin Wells referred me to the BASIC file Task.OpenHD4 (I had been looking for an Obey file), where by REMing the line OSCLI Filer_OpenDir etc. the root directory did not open, so I have the Desktop screen that I was after.

Does anyone know when we might expect the upgrade to OS 5.28 for the Armbook?

--
Derek Todd
Dorset U.K.

---