[ARMini-support] ARMini SP3 released

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 20:16:03 GMT

Hi folks!

I have just uploaded Super Pack 3 (SP3) which is designed to accompany
OS Update 3 that was released last month.

SP3 brings the disc-based software side of your ARMini or Beagleboard
up-to-date in line with a current shipping computer.

This means updates to the vast majority of bundled apps, !Boot
sequence, system modules and more.  Unzipped, it is 35Mb of updates!

The non-Pro version of Fireworkz is also included, and is more up to
date than any previous release (ie. it is derived from the same
code-base as the latest Pro edition).

Cautious users may want to wait a day or so before installing this,
although since it is disc-based, it isn't as big a deal as the OS
updates.  Indeed, most users won't notice much of a difference other
than everything being up-to-date.

I wanted to get this out ASAP as I suspect I'm coming down with a
cold, and have been promising this for quite a while.  I had hoped to
have time to include some more backdrops, but they might be better as
a separate download anyway.

For those new to all this, the update can be downloaded from the
ARMini private users' website which is discussed on the back page of
your ARMini/BBSS welcome guide.

Enjoy!

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS