[arisbe] Your invitation

  • From: Frank Purcell <ebsira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arisbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 14:30:03 -0800 (PST)

You may have been invited to join something called B4UParty, with my
name in the From line.

It was, of course, not from me, but from them;  they borrowed my Yahoo
address book.  For what it's worth, I think it was more a matter of
stupid programming than malicious spoofing.

If you do join their service, which I have not evaluated, I suggest you
do not allow them to use your Yahoo, Hotmail, or whatever addressbook
to invite your friends.

Wishing you all a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Frank