[argyllcms] Re: yajl

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 16:52:03 +1000

Jörg Frings-Fürst wrote:

Hi,

> yajl is included into arygllcms.

Yes. This helps with cross platform portability,
and make it more robust to build.

> And yajl is also as a well maintained package[1] in Debian.
 > Can I use the Debian package? And there's something I should consider?

There is some functionality that I've added, so no, it's not
a drop in replacement. Some of that functionality isn't
critical (support for JSON comments), while some new code
I'm working on depends on an additional function
inside yajl_tree.c. Since the structures it uses
are private to that file, changes to yajl can't
be avoided. yajl_tree is fairly useless without
this added function, since yajl_tree_get() doesn't
cope with JSON arrays.