[argyllcms] Re: x-rite i1 display pro on FreeBSD 10.0

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 09:51:03 +1100

Olaf Trygve Berglihn wrote:

> I've read through the list archive about FreeBSD-support.  What
> is the status on this?

Hi,
        it's not listed in the supported operating environments,
because instrument access doesn't work. All other aspects should
work.

> Any hints on how to get this working with the current code, or is
> there more work required on the usb-driver for FreeBSD?

The usb driver is incomplete (I ran out of momentum
in attempting to write it). See spectro/usbio_bsd.c

It's unclear if it's possible to make it work - BSD seems
to be lacking any ability to abort USB transactions to
be able to time them out. A lot of experimenting seemed
to be the only way of figuring out if anything else could
be substituted for the missing abort IOCTL.