[argyllcms] Re: txt2ti3 needed tags?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 23:56:10 +1000

Peter Karp wrote:
> I was trying to convert basic CGATS files to the ti3 format, but I get
> an error message about 'unknown file or corrupted file'.
>
> Which tags are needed at least in the CGATS file for a conversion to
> ti3?
>
> My input files look like
>
> ------------ RGB.txt -----------
> BEGIN_DATA_FORMAT
>         RGB_R   RGB_G   RGB_B
> END_DATA_FORMAT
> BEGIN_DATA
>         255.000 255.000 255.000
> [more data...]
> END_DATA
> ---------------------------------

Hi,
        you need at least the 7 byte file identifier at the start
of the file, ie. CGATS.17, and you need NUMBER_OF_FIELDS before
the format, and you need NUMBER_OF_SETS before the data.
You also need at least a SAMPLE_ID or SAMPLE_NAME, and since
this is meant to be a .ti3 file it needs both device
and CIE value. So something like:

CGATS.17

NUMBER_OF_FIELDS 7
BEGIN_DATA_FORMAT
SAMPLE_ID RGB_R   RGB_G   RGB_B XYZ_X XYZ_Y XYZ_Z
END_DATA_FORMAT

NUMBER_OF_SETS 1
BEGIN_DATA
1 255.000 255.000 255.000  50 100 70