[argyllcms] .ti2 format suggestion

  • From: Stephan Bourgeois <strangelv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:37:51 +0100

Graeme,
May I suggest that you add padded zeroes to the target <row><column> string data in the .ti2 file? i.e change A1 to A01 or A001.

I came across this idea when I was using the colormouse. I like to use "randomised" targets because it makes it easier to spot an error, and I can use the very same target with a scanner and a colorimeter. When I use the colormouse, I want to open the .ti2 file in OpenOffice Calc (equivalent of MS Excel) and sort the data by the 2nd coloumn containing the <row><column> string. However, I couldn't get Calc to sort the data properly if there were no padding zeroes. The sort will produce A1, A10, A11, ..., A2, A20, A21,... :-( So far, I use a regular expression to add padding zeroes.

If you think that changing the .ti2 format will cause too many problems of backward compatibility, let me know. I was thinking of writing a utility in Perl that reads the .ti2, a .csv data file generated by the colormouse, and creates a .ti3 file.

Yours,
Stephan.