[argyllcms] new to Argyll CMS

  • From: stefan <topjetboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 00:09:24 +0000 (UTC)

I am a  user of an iPro and was using Eyematch on Win7 Pro. However, this
software (latest version here:
http://xritephoto.com/ph_product_overview.aspx?action=support&id=1014)
does not work on Win 8.1.
I tried using iProfiler but it doesnt even see the colorimeter. So I tried
ArgyllCMS 1.6.1 and the dispcalGUI front end. It did the calibration fine but
i didnt get any icc or icm files out of it.
I did get a .cal file and 2 batch files- one named XL2420TE.all.cmd and
another named XL2420TE.dispcal.cmd
What do I do with these files and how do I get an icc/icm file? Sorry for the
basic question but the argyllCMS website is sparse on helpful hints.

Before you go nuts telling me my monitor is not a good one, I realize the
BenqXL2420 is a TN panel and my main monitor on my production system is a 30"
HP running on win7 pro. But before i move to win 8.1 I am testing my software
on another pc running on this cheaper monitor (and hoping to get a better
appearrance from this aweful panel as well)