[argyllcms] Re: making a printer profile for 16bit printing

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 00:59:29 +1100

Daniele Pennati wrote:
Now, how can I make a "16bit" printer profile?

By Argyll doesn't create anything but 16 bit profiles.

Do I need to make with argyll a test chart at 16bit? Is there some special command to make a "16bit" profile or can I use the normal command line?

The postscript/EPS chart files are all floating point values,
so it is up to whatever renders these files (RIP etc.).
For the TIFF test chart, use the -T option with printtarg.

Note that I'd be kind of surprised if you could tell the
difference in the final profile between using an 8 bit
test chart and a 16 bit chart!