[argyllcms] Re: is my colorimeter broken?

  • From: "Gerhard Fürnkranz" <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 22:45:04 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:04:21 +0200
> Von: Karl Beckers <karl.h.beckers@xxxxxxx>
> An: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff: [argyllcms] is my colorimeter broken?

> Or (since I couldn't do this on the machine I intend to use), is it
> safe to assume that a LUT based profile created on one machine with
> an  NVidia graphics adapter (on Linux) can be used on another with
> a different NVidia graphics adapter (on MacOSX)?

If the display is digitally connected (e.g. DVI-D) then guess it will be safe
to use the same VCGT and profile. If the connection is analog (e.g. VGA, or via
the analog pins of a DVI-I or DVI-A connector) then I would not be surprised if
the analog signal levels and/or the DAC (non)linearity of the two graphic cards
would still differ.

Regards,
Gerhard

--
GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate und Telefonanschluss