[argyllcms] Re: gnome-screensaver destroys lut table from dispwin but not from xcalib.

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 20:32:53 +1000

Lars Tore Gustavsen wrote:
I have done fighting against  the gnome-screensaver for a long time to
try to prevent it from destroy my lut table. Today I tried to load my
icc profile with xcalib instead of dispwin and everything works as
hoped. In my ubuntu version the gnome-screensaver set the lut to the
state before it was issued so I have to stop and start it. This script
is loaded from the system-preferences-sessions menu. It means it is
loaded at time of startup of  X system.

Is dispwin using XRandR 1.2 ? If so, then this might explain the
behavior, if gnome-screensaver is not handling the Lut properly
via the XRandR CRTC. You could try setting the ARGYLL_IGNORE_XRANDR1_2
environment variable, and see if dispwin behaves more like xcalib.

If this is the case, then it's a matter of getting gnome-screensaver
to be XRandRD 1.2 aware, or to make the XServer have better backwards
compatibility between XRandR 1.2 Lut access and legacy Lut access...