[argyllcms] Re: fwa compensation unexpected results

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 21:53:08 -0400

Wolf,

I've know the Tristan spectrometer for a while. They sell a self-contained
unit but also, since recently, a tethered unit, accessible from the RS-232
serial port. This one is more affordable but it still remains a $2000 USD
purchase in North America. I would be tempted by the Tristan system. But, if
I remember, they did not made a model with as wide a wavelength range as the
OceanOptics. I am refering to a model that goes from 250nm to 850nm, really
wide. I know there are compromises involved in making a spectrometer
sensitive to such a wide range but, if I decide to put the money out, I want
the unit to serve measing in both the UV and Visible, I don't case about IR.
I'm still keeping an eye on eBay for spectrometers. And the Tristan are nice
units. Thank's for the information.

> I once bought a Tristan spectrometer on EBay for ~500 Euros. Sony CCD
> and SMA 905 based. Has a nice LCD touchscreen, internal battery(!),
> memory card... built for rough environments and because of the
> battery/memory card slot ideal for measuring things outdoor.
>
> The interface is documented (you basicly just use menu items as
> command). I am not sure how it compares in measurement quality to the
> OceanOptics... but the manufacturer seems less known and thus might
> sell cheaper used on Ebay. The manufacturer also offers the devices
> directly on Ebay (usualy for the normal price). Maybe you can
> consider putting that one also on your ebay "watch list"...
>
> The main problem is, where do I get a good 45/0 probe? Increadible,
> but there seems to be no source...
>

> --
> Wolf Faust                      Tel: +49-69-5486556
> mailto:wfaust@xxxxxxxxx         Fax: +49-69-95409598
> http://www.coloraid.de          Mobile: +49-179-6924769

Regards,

Roger Breton  |  Laval, Canada  |  graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx