[argyllcms] Re: dispread: "Error - new_disprd failed with 'VideoLUT Access Failed'

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 15:19:37 +1000

Mike Rozier wrote:

> dispwin_set_ramdac failed on SetDeviceGammaRamp() with error 87

> I know 20cdm is very low.  Trying to effectively be able to soft proof the
> dynamic range (level of detail and contrast) of a print, within HDR
> software, so I don't have to keep soft proofing in PhotoShop, and either
> make adjustments in PS or keep going back into HDR software until
> satisfactory.  (I know color will be less accurate at this low brightness.)

Hi,
        sorry, there is nothing much I can do about this, since it
is a sanity check applied by the MSWin operating system.

Suggestions to work around this:

  Use a different platform. OS X and Linux don't have this sanity check.

  If you are using a full screen application, then use applycal to
  incorporate the calibration into the display profile, and load
  a linear calibration curve.
  <http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/applycal.html>