[argyllcms] Re: device link profiles

  • From: Jan-Peter Homann <homann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 18:57:53 +0200

Hello Rolf
Actually the ICC-standard is not optimal defined for devicelink-profiles.
It would be very helpful, if an Devicelink-profile could embedd e.g. The characterization-data for source and destination and informations about the blackgeneration, which was used.
If the devicelink was based on a standard ICC-transformation:
CMYK-Lab-CMYK, it is not possible to calculate useful backword transformtion.

So the best way is actually to write some informtions about source and destination-data into the description-tag, that later a revers devicelink can be calculated from scratch on the basis of the characterization-data.

:-) Jan-Peter

Rolf Gierling schrieb:
Hello Graeme, hello list,

I have a devicelink profile (CMYK to CMYK) and
I need that to be reverted.

So, what I need is not the way source to destination,
but destination to source.

Any ideas how to manage this?

Thanks in advance

Rolf