[argyllcms] Re: compiling V1.3.3beta on win7

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:56:25 +1000

tmwu wrote:
I can confirm Don's claim that you have to compile ftjam first, and then
ajam.

I don't see why. ftjam is jam. Why compile another copy ?
As long as you give it a -f argument for Argyll's Jambase,
it should work fine. At some stage I'll update ajam source
to overcome the CRLF issues.

first of all, it seems that there should be a config.h in

Argyll_V1.3.3_beta\libusb1

so I made a copy from Argyll_V1.3.2\libusb1.

config.h is generated by the Jamfile in the libusb1 directory.
My guess is that the correct Jambase isn't being used ?

Try running jam with an explicit -f argument, and make sure
you clean up first, if you've used the same directories
for a differente build:

        jam -q -f Jambase clean
        jam -q -f Jambase

or even go into the libusb1 directory and do a

        jam -n -f ../Jambase

to see what actions it would take, and check that it
would issue lots of "CatToFile_ config.h" actions.

With that file in place, the following messages show up in the shell box:

cgats\cgats.c: In function 'add_data_item':
cgats\cgats.c:1229:18: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
cgats\cgats.c:1236:29: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
tiff\libtiff\tif_msdos.c:125:14: warning: conflicting types for built-in
function 'malloc'
tiff\libtiff\tif_msdos.c:126:14: warning: conflicting types for built-in
function 'realloc'
tiff\libtiff\tif_msdos.c: In function '_TIFFfree':
tiff\libtiff\tif_msdos.c:140:2: warning: incompatible implicit
declaration of built-in function 'free'
cgats\cgats.c: In function 'add_data_item':
cgats\cgats.c:1229:18: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
cgats\cgats.c:1236:29: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type

These are not of great significance. (I have no control over the TIFF lib
warnings.)

timerfd headers NOT available

The last line of outlog is:

...updated 387 target(s)...

Sounds OK.

Unfortunately, colprof.exe can not run. For example,
if I type "colprof" in the DOS box, nothing happens.

Are you in the Argyll profile directory ie. does
"dir *.exe" show colorof .exe ?
What does ".\colprof.exe" do ?

Is there anything in the event logs ?