[argyllcms] Re: colormouse vs. digital camera

  • From: "Alastair M. Robinson" <blackfive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:21:36 +0100

Hi,

Stephan Bourgeois wrote:

3. the profile generated with the Colormouse has a slight red/magenta cast that can be compensated by the following gamma correction [R=0.95 G=1.05 B=1.0]

One possible cause for this is the inks you're using.

I get a *very* slight yellowy cast on my R300, using 7DayShop's dirt-cheap inks. A few weeks ago I had a mixture of cartridges, including a Spectrum black, which exhibited the most *horrendous* metamerism, giving a terrible yellow cast. I was actually using D65 measurements from the colourmouse to compensate!

On the other hand, I generated profiles for a C84 and C86 (using Epson DuraBrite ink) and got *perfect* grey balance. (Judged by eye, anyway)

These were all using a target with a mere 126 patches - 99 chosen by argyll, 20 near-greys and a few skin tones.

All the best,
--
Alastair M. Robinson